11.7.11

Decaying Time

Why do clocks linger in this world?
Sinisterly keeping us aware of the passing of time
Their arms twist circles
Like merry-go-rounds
Or wheels of bicycles
But time never halts
It proceeds
Monotonously
The ticks and tocks are unbearable to hear
Each one is a miniscule reminder
That life is deteriorating
That opportunity is perishing
And that my dying day is nearer
Forgetting time is what befuddles me
It is so effortless
It becomes effortful
I wish I could forget time
For merely one day
I would cease everyday worries
And savor the miniscule moments
That make life marvelous
And eclipse the ticks and the tocks
Of decaying time

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I came across this blog by accident, and I must say that I love your style, and I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete