16.7.11

The Most Beautiful Things are Best Left Unspoken

Opening my eyes
I awoke
To the rustling of emerald leaves
And birds, deep in conversation
I ambled to the window
When I drew back the curtains
Beauty poured in
Like the sea in a sinking ship
I gazed downward
To the playful squirrels
And grass, shriveled from the summer's heat
I stared upward
Past the thick trees
And to the sky
The distant sun
Hid behind the horizon
And washed the sky with lilac
I just stood there
Open-mouthed
And marveled
With eyes as wide as the Pacific
I thought to snatch my dad's camera
From its padded case
But I didn't
Because I knew that
Not even the most expensive camera
Could capture
The unspoken beauty
Of this morning

6 comments:

  1. Indeed, your words paint a beautiful picture! No camera required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! You are very talented!!! Please write more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that since the day I started following you on twitter, everything you write just puts a smile on my face. The way you so carefully place words. It just makes me happy. That someone I have never met can make me smile just by looking at: the rustling of emerald leaves. Just fucking fantastic to put it bluntly.
    I now follow this blog. With hope of new pieces everytime I visit.
    Thank you for taking time to write the way you do!
    Keep doing what you do and I will keep reading.
    Count on it.

    Sincerely

    frankie fissure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! It's amazing to know that I can put a smile onto somebody's face, whether I know them or not. I will try to keep posting consistently, and I will definitely keep my twitter as up-to-date as possible. Thank you again for the kind and supportive words,
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete